R is for Roundhay Park
We are lucky to have this park, one of the biggest in Europe, within walking distance.
With its 700 acres of parkland, lakes, woodland and gardens, cafes, sports arena and children’s play areas there is something for everyone.
Roundhay Park was originally a hunting park for the De Lacy family during the thirteenth century. Ilbert De Lacy was granted the estate by William the Conqueror in return for his loyal support of the King during his military campaigns and in 1871 Sir John Barran, the then Mayor, acquired the estate for the people of Leeds
The park looks attractive in every season and everyone has their favourite walks and pastimes, whether it be fishing, kite flying, jogging or playing football.