Saturday 13 April 2013

L is for London Parks


 
 
I love a trip to London.  I really enjoy seeing the sights or maybe a show, but I am always wowed by the parks.  These parks always seem to offer good food and coffee.

 

Richmond Park

Last time I visited this park was when the ash cloud stopped all flights over London.  We could have been deep in the countryside rather than central London.


 

Acton Park, which is well used by the residents, first opened to the public in 1888 to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria. A dying Dutch Elm tree, one of the last in the borough, close to the main entrance has been transformed into a dramatic 28-foot carved statue called the Twilight Tree. http://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/200878/parks_in_ealing/651/acton_park



Brent River Park with its wildlife, walks and maze




Gunnersbury Park with its wild parrots and museum, which is housed in an early 19th century mansion, once home to the Rothschild family. Displays include local history, costume, carriages and temporary exhibitions of a variety of topics.  
http://www.hounslow.gov.uk/gunnersbury

4 comments:

  1. Hi L, THANKS so much for visiting my blog and commenting. Your comment about laughter being good for the soul was so great I had to repeat it here and in my reply :) I think it's sweet that the first park you talk about is Richmond, because back home n Melbourne Australia, I have an apartment in our Richmond...and I also remember that volcano well, it almost delayed the Captain from being able to help me move to Denmark, thankfully he wasn't going to let a huge volcano ash cloud stop him from finding his way to my Richmond. I love little connections like that. #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this list I've only ever been to Richmond Park. I love Hyde Park and also the one in Golders Green with the big house on the hill.

    Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to London, but here's one more reason to go.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...