Wednesday 10 April 2013

I is for Isla Canela




If you want a quiet holiday with sunshine, you can’t go wrong with Isla Canela in Spain but only 9 kms from the Algarve.  

   

Until a suspension bridge was built between, Portugal and Spain over the river Guadiana when Portugal hosted the UEFA Cup in 1992, this part of Costa de la Luz was quite secluded and is even now, compared to other resorts.  This means that we have easy access to Monte Gordo, Tavira and Olhao in the Eastern Algarve as well as the Spanish resorts.  There is a 1 hour time difference between the two countries.  The resort is reached by road from Faro airport, but a complicated toll system was introduced for using the Portugese motorway.

 

We have stayed here many times, usually in a luxury apartment on the golf complex which gives a tranquil, green setting. Last year, with the grandchildren, we took an apartment virtually on the beach with fantastic sea views.


 
 
 
 
So that’s it; the beach, the harbour, the golf course.



 View of Ayamonte, the nearest town which is very Spanish
 The pathway next to the beach for walking, jogging, cycling and rollerblading
I am still unable to access and upload most of my photos to this blog but you could  see more on my blog


or scroll down from here to see my review


 


 

3 comments:

  1. Oh look at that! I've been there. You get good seafood too, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    What a delightful portrait of a little-known resort. Beautiful and charming. Thank you for taking me 'round the world to paradise from California. I also dearly appreciate your kind remark on my "Jest" post today. So nice to meet you.

    :]

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...