Friday 19 April 2013

Q is for Quiz

I enjoy going to quiz evenings and listening to quiz programmes on radio and television.  Note how I am steering clear of the plural!

We go to our local parochial hall/snooker club where the barman devises a quiz with a picture round, music round, general knowledge etc.  Each quiz has a theme and he loves to dress up as a fairy or  a hula girl.  His wife produces amazing food for us, so it's a great night out.

 Halloween
 


 




 Hawaii night

I'm rubbish at sports questions and modern pop music but, to be honest, we only go for the food and the company!

4 comments:

  1. I'm always interested in a quiz to test my knowledge of things. Like you I'm not so hot with the sports modern music, but things before 1990 I am a bit more knowledgeable on.

    Sounds like a fun social spot that you go to.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very good at quiz type things, but my husband is. He knows all the obscure sports facts, which is tremendously helpful.

    TaMara
    Tales of a Pee Dee Mama

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love trivia/quiz stuff, too! It's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boyfriend does them every week and he really knows a lot of random stuff. We do pretty well on answering game show questions though. In my case, when it comes to movies and TV though, I don't do so well.

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...