Highlights of 2020
Normally at this time of year I would review the year. However, given the year we’ve all just had, I’ll gloss over 2020 with a few highlights before moving onwards and upwards to things I hope to accomplish in 2021.
As 2020 draws to a close, just a few things to ponder
1. 2019 Stay away from negative people. 2020 Stay away from people
2. The world has turned upside down. Old people are sneaking out of the house and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors.
3. This morning I saw a neighbour talking to her dog. It was obvious she thought her dog understood her.
I came to my house and told the cat ....we had a good laugh
4. Every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit. Pyjamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
5. Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands?
6. I never thought the comment “I wouldn’t touch them with a 6-foot barge pole” would become a national policy but here we are!
7. I really need to practice social distancing...... from the fridge
8. I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to the garden.
I am tired of the living room
9. Never in a million years could I have imagined I would go up to a bank clerk with a mask on and ask for money.
On to 2021
Although I participated in many Zoom meetings with family for celebrations and festivals and with the various groups and societies in which I am involved, it doesn’t replace face-to-face contact and hugs and kisses. I am so looking forward to meeting and greeting people in person,
Last year taught me how kind and creative the human race can be. I hope this continues post pandemic.
I will continue to appreciate my garden and living in beautiful Yorkshire
Some other things I missed out on and hope to experience this year:
Celebrating with friends and family
Visiting the Himalayan Gardens near Ripon, in Yorkshire
Lunching with the ladies
I’m ending this post on a positive note with a well know song (Lyrics by John Mercer)
You’ve got to accentuate the
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don’t mess with Mister In-Between You’ve got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene
So, how was it/will it be for you?