Monday 15 April 2013

M is for Memories and Mementoes

I have many memories of occasions, both happy and sad, and of places, smells and sights.  I have kept a few mementoes; it would be impossible and impractical to keep more.

Imagine my surprise when I received this in the post.



I had sent it to my friend over 50 years ago, when she passed her 11+examination.   Obviously, the message had been dictated by my mother, but the handwriting took me back.  I can’t claim to have such legible handwriting these days.  Sometimes I can’t even read the lists I make.

What memories and mementoes do you have?






1 comment:

  1. I have boxes full of momentoes but nothing as amazing as that card. You didn't say why it was sent to you.

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...