Tuesday 1 April 2014

A first for me

 

It may be no big deal to my writer friends, but this was my first appearance at a literary festival; the Headingley LitFest http://www.headingleylitfest.org.uk/


I was part of the Leeds Writers Read, represented by three local writing groups, and the theme for the festival was Survival. I had been nervous all day although I had plenty of experience of standing up in front of a whole school without batting an eyelid.  I really appreciated the support of my friends who  were in the audience.  The first writer read his excellent, emotive story about an asylum seeker beautifully and I wanted to go home.  I reasoned that, as my piece was non-fiction, it couldn't be easily compared.

My piece was entitled "The survival of the Yiddish language" and the audience seemed interested, laughed at the right places and some approached me later with positive comments.

Would I do it again?  Well, I'm a sucker for a challenge!


 

3 comments:

  1. Well done - I bet those comments afterwards made your day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, well done! I've not attempted anything like that - yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very cool experience -- and congratulations on meeting your March W1S1 goals. A quarter of the year gone already? Wow.

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...