Saturday 23 December 2023

Round up of 2023

 


As the purpose of this blog was to be a journal of events in my life since retirement, without repetition of posts, here are a few noteworthy events in 2023.


The Ups

Celebrations: Big family gatherings for Nephew’s wedding, Granddaughter’s 16th, Grandson’s 18th, Brother’s 80th and Sister’s 70th

The Downs

Saying goodbye to many friends including my beautiful niece, taken much too soon at aged 50.

Wars, massacres and natural disasters.


Some of the notable books read:

Girl, Woman, Other Bernadine Evaristo

All your Perfects Colleen Hoover

Now you see us Bali Kaur Jaswal

Shuggie Bain Douglas Stuart


I’d be glad to hear your ups and downs in 2023.


Warm wishes for a happy, healthy and peaceful year





1 comment:

  1. Hello there L!
    Similar to your blog, mine mostly covers what's going on in my life. As for books I have read, there are now just a bit over 30 reviews for this year, with me having finished another book just 15 minutes or so ago (but not yet reviewed).

    Ups were certainly my wonderful holidays (hiking with O.K. as well as my stay in Ripon and meeting friends and family in Yorkshire), and one big UP is that my Mum is doing so much better. Another big UP was the meeting with two childhood friends who, like my sister and I, are sisters and we lived next door all through our childhood and youth, but because my sister fell out with the older of the other two sisters, they had not spoken in about 30 years. That reconciliation was just wonderful!

    Downs for me are pretty much the same as for you. Add to that the worries about O.K.'s parents, now both 83 years old and with rapidly declining health.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...