Monday 29 May 2023

Harewood House

 

Harewood House

The extensive grounds of Harewood House are a delight at this time of year



The Himalayan Gardens with ferns, irises and candelabra primulas


The middle stepping stone was too challenging for me


I chose to cross on the bridge

 

 


  

The walled garden with herbs, vegetables, fruit and flowers 



The ferry takes us back to the House

The dramatic centrepiece for the knot gardens and perennial borders


Extensive views of the beautiful Yorkshire landscape

For more features of Harewood House on earlier visits:  Harewood House 2014

2 comments:

  1. Harewood is a beautiful and impressive place; we‘ve been twice over the past years. But I must admit I found their café/tea room very expensive and not very good quality, also the service was not exactly friendly.
    The views are wonderful, and I loved the walled garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. After paying an expensive entrance fee, the cafes charge high prices

      Delete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...