Saturday 12 December 2020

Six on Saturday mid-December

So here we are in mid-December and almost at the point in the year when the days become longer.  Can’t wait!  I check for signs of new growth every day.

Here are my six:

Some roses are still hanging on

The evergreen fern, Polystichum polyblepharum, looks good

Garlic planted late November developing nicely

The cheerful colour of the Winter Jasmine is a welcome sight at the front door


I like to plant up a pot of Bellis which will flower through until late Spring

This basket, which currently contains Cyclamen, will be substituted for pots of other plants according to the season

The Propagator generously hosts Six on Saturday.  Click on the link to his blog to see what he and his followers are growing and doing in their gardens this week.  Perhaps you feel you could add your own six too.

Stay well everyone.

 

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like a nice pot with a few cyclamen or bellis where you can see them every day. The fountain of winter jasmine looks very cheerful too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've managed to find plenty of colour and some healthy garlic growth. I'm probably going to show my garlic next week, but it will only be the soil and label.😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I'd remembered to plant some garlic, yours looks lovely and healthy. And I am very fond of bellis, such jolly souls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very fond of bellis, a great plant for a pot and sure to cheer you up throughout winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The view over the countryside is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I have been looking at the calendar and how the 21st is getting closer and closer, too.
    We have had a mix of milder and wetter days, which has apparently put the birds in pre-spring mood. Some behave as if the breeding season was just around the corner, and on a walk around the neighbourhood yesterday, I spotted a magnolia tree full of buds.

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...