Friday 10 July 2020

And we’re back …. at the coast



After managing a week at the start of the season, lockdown happened but now we’re back.
It’s surprisingly quiet here; just how we like it.  After tarting up the veranda and  sorting out the gas and wifi supply, it’s as if we’ve never been aware.  Actually, I think we appreciate it more than ever.  I was going to say if only we still had that beautiful Spring weather but that sounds ungrateful considering the current situation.




 A visit to Hornsea
 By the Floral Hall

Hornsea beach
and to one of my favourite gardens:  Burton Agnes
No artist in residence this year



The maze
 The walled garden here is divided into  garden rooms, by colour or species or edibles and mostly well labelled.













I do like to be beside the seaside.  Do you?


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! My Yorkshire holiday does not come about this year, and I miss it so much already... at the same time, not wanting to sound ungrateful, either - we are all well, nobody in my circle lost their job or their life, and I can go walking in beautiful countryside every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you will miss your annual trip to Yorkshire, but health comes first. You seem to have some good walks in your area too.

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...