Saturday 17 December 2022

Advent Ghosts Stories 2022

 Welcome to Advent Ghosts 2022, the thirteenth annual shared storytelling event at I Saw Lightning Fall . Hosted by Loren Eaton. a group of us have celebrated that peculiarly British tradition of telling spooky stories right before Christmas.  The challenge is to tell a story in exactly 100 words.

Click on the blog here to find more stories on Loren's blog. You may well be surprised!


The farewell wave



Simon ceased kicking the ball against the wall as he knew it upset Gran who was slowly making her way down the path with her tartan shopping trolley. Dressed for the cold, damp day and looking as though she was fully recovered from a bout of Covid, she shouted goodbye to Simon who returned her cheery wave.

Suddenly a car pulled up. It was his uncle who ran up the path without acknowledging Simon. His mother was at the doorway and beckoned to Simon, hugged him and told him that his Gran had just passed away peacefully in her bed.



19 comments:

  1. I love me a traditional ghost story. Also, I just lost a family member to COVID, so this one hits close to home. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is more touching than spooky. I think of my Dad who died in hospital (not from Covid) at the same hour when my Mum, my sister and I were awake without knowing about each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be sad to celebrate the first Christmas without your Dad but I'm sure you have lovely memories of Christmases past.

      Delete
  3. Farewell, Gran. Loved the tartan trolley, seems like a very Gran thing.

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...