Saturday 2 May 2020

Six on Saturday


So now we’re into May and, on my calendar, Day 40 of the lockdown.  I hope everyone  is keeping well.  We are so blessed to have our gardens, the sunshine and even some rain.

My six are: 



I love these yellow and orange poppies.  Welsh?  Just wish they would stay where I put them.


Another wanderer is Aquilegia. 

This Cotinus is late to leaf and I always worry it won’t, but it doesn’t let me down and invaluable in flower arrangements
This euphorbia with its bright orange hue is becoming depleted.  Can cuttings be taken?


The Ajuga is a ground cover stalwart; its foliage is lovely and the blue flowers a bonus 
The Golden Elder with some Golden Hop growing through is now in full leaf


The Propagator generously hosts Six on Saturday.  Click on the link to his blog to see what he and his followers are growing and doing in their gardens this week.  Perhaps you feel you could add your own six too.

Stay well everyone.





5 comments:

  1. It is this time of year especially when I can't help but being amazed at how much is happening in the gardens of my neighbourhood in such a short space of time, especially when there is a healthy mix of sun and rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...