Friday 11 February 2011

February brings the rain says the poem but, in this case, the wind

One happy granddaughter with her new pink bedroom.


Went shopping in Harrogate on Wednesday and spent my earnings from the day before on a cardigan which doesn't have the long, pointy bits at the front which can be seen out of my coat.

My next exciting purchase was this:

A new garlic press which is really easy to wash as it is made of plastic and the steel grid is removable (Culinare MagiPress).

Snowdrops are beginning to come into flower now.  Quite late; I have known them to be out in mid-January.
However, with the frost and snow we experienced, I am amazed to see them at all.

The wind has been gale force and I am surprised no more serious damage has occured.  One casualty was my plastic greenhouse, leaving my pelargoniums exposed to the elements.

Collected Szusza at the coach station.  She is staying in Leeds for the rest of the month. 

Went out with friends from the Bolbie Club on Monday night.  Tasty meal, good company. 

Bought a shelving unit in Ikea for Ronnie to try out new electric screwdriver, but the unit could only be erected with an Allen Key.

Went to Harlow Carr while the sun was shining.  Seeing the new shoots and blooms, makes the heart sing.  No evidence of gale damage here, unless the debris has been removed.



Love the quirky things you stumble across:
and we felt like royalty:


or the Mad Hatter's Tea Party!  Which reminds me, we must take a flask or picnic next time as there are a multitude of sites to stop and take a break - and it's a lot cheaper than Betty's Cafe, which have places both within the grounds and next to the carpark.

My garden is coming along too:



and we have put up a bird nesting box. 

Following the situation in Egypt as it unfolds.   

Was proud to hear my friend Joy on the local radio.   We go way back to our days in the Junior Red Cross, High School and FE College.  She was speaking about her travels, experiences as a Blue Guide for Yorkshire and translating for an Italian football team when they played Leeds United.  She gave an amazing performance; interesting and articulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...