Monday 30 January 2023

The wise gardener anticipates June in January (Anon)

Am I the only one scouring the garden daily for signs of new growth? We had days of heavy rain followed by a cold snap but just now the weather is dryer with strong winds. I shouldn’t complain about the rain as last year I lost more plants in the summer drought than I did in the winter frosts.

Honeysuckle

Acanthus mollis


Flowering Blackcurrant

Bluebells

Oriental Poppy and Oxalis

Allium Purple Sensation

Calendula seedlings

I’m looking forward to the soil warming up to carry out the edits I want to make and plant up around the refurbished pond. I hope the frogs will recognise the spot when they return in February.


Which plants are you looking forward to peeping through ?

1 comment:

  1. It always pleases me so much to see the first snowbells, aconites, hellebores and even crocus peep out. It takes a little longer for the other lovely spring flowers to appear, but the first are always the most eagerly waited for, aren't they!

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...