Saturday 22 January 2022

Six on Saturday - “Every gardener knows that under the cloak of winter lies a miracle" Barbara Winkler

“Every gardener knows that under the cloak of winter lies a miracle … a seed waiting to sprout, a bulb opening to the light, a bud straining to unfurl. And the anticipation nurtures our dream.”  — Barbara Winkler

It’s been bright and cold but that’s much better than dull and damp. I scour the garden for signs of life and I am reminded what bloomed in the garden last year.

No exciting offerings here, but they gladden my heart. 

Winter Jasmine continues to brighten up the entrance.

The first Bellis flower which promises more to follow.

Calendula grown from seed.  Lots more seedlings in the wings awaiting the warmer weather

Polyanthus also grown from seed a long time ago

The variegated Vinca Major has clambered up the fence

The Abelia is a good doer and has been flowering since July

 Bring it on!

The Propagator generously hosts Six on Saturday.  Click on the link to his blog to see what he and his followers are growing and doing in their gardens this week.  Perhaps you feel you could add your own six too.

Thanks also to the contributors who have cheered up the bleak winter for me.



3 comments:

  1. What a lovely quote, I keep peeking under leaves and garden debris for new signs of life. I am itching to sow seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much colour Mr Propagator's followers are finding in their gardens already. The sunshine is helping too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter jasmine is providing a splash of colour in gardens around here, too. As yellow is my favourite colour, I am always happy to spot it.

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...