Saturday 4 April 2020

Six on Saturday in early April



Hope everyone is keeping well and keeping busy in the garden, for which I am grateful at this most difficult of times.  We are promised some warmer weather this weekend, so we may have the opportunity to relax and survey our efforts or keep seeing jobs to do.  


I planted this Honeysuckle Belgica to replace a Clematis which my neighbour chopped down, although he did mend the fence to be fair.  The clematis stump may even have a bud emerging; bonus.

 This pretty miniature Daff is called Minnow, I believe

The Marsh Marigold is now looking cheerful

The Golden Hop is beginning to sprout and will soon clamber all over the lilac tree.  I’ve tried to dig it out to replant elsewhere without success.

The Golden Elder gets lovely bright green foliage in the Spring


The evergreen fern, Polystichum polyblepharum is gracing the table until I decide on its forever site


The Propagator generously hosts Six on Saturday.  Click on the link to his blog to see what he and his followers are growing and doing in their gardens this week.  Perhaps you feel you could add your own six too.

Stay well everyone.




10 comments:

  1. A forever site? You must be the sort of gardener that really chooses the right site...mine often get moved! Happy gardening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying I always get it right! Often I spend so long dithering that the plant becomes badly pot bound.

      Delete
  2. A garden is such a blessing, now more than ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never so much as at the present time. Stay well.

      Delete
  3. Architectural plants were calling that fern Polly Polly years ago. It's all I've ever called it since. A very fine plant too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband keeps asking me to get a honeysuckle. Maybe once the nurseries are open again. As you say, the marsh marigold does look cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The honeysuckle was a Morrisons special (or Lonicera Morrisonii as my friend likes to call plants sourced from that store) acquired just before lockdown.

      Delete
    2. I love your friends joke. There are a few Morrisonii in my garden too, though no honeysuckle.

      Delete
  5. keep seeing jobs to do, definitely. I think my typical seated time in the garden is 2 minutes, then I spot something that needs doing, or remember something I wanted to do but forgot about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe best to close your eyes …………. I know what you mean though so best to keep a notebook handy.

      Delete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...