Saturday 23 March 2019

Six on Saturday; Spring


The weather has been kind to gardeners lately.  My muscles are aching as the tasks are many and demanding, even in a small garden.  For any other physical activity, it would be prudent to carry out some warm up exercises first, but often I am only intending to do one five-minute job …..
Here are my six:
 First ladybird of the year.  Hope she keeps the greenflies under control

 These cheap daffs bought from a bargain store were advertised as Scented and White Scented.  I haven’t noticed their scent but two heads on a tallish stem have added interest to my pots


 The marsh marigolds have set up in another spot around the pond and have buds ready to reveal their bright yellow blooms
 I couldn’t remember plantings these multi-headed daffs but came across part of their packaging and they are called Martinette
A friend found these Cyclamen Hederifolium  reduced in our council nursery.  Look at the attractive markings on the leaves

Do visit others who have submitted their Six on Saturday courtesy of our host at

1 comment:

  1. One 5 minute task always leads to another. And another. And another...
    I know that tune very well!

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...