Thursday 18 December 2014

Spooky tale



Advent Ghosts 2014 is the sixth annual shared storytelling event at I saw lightning fall. Every year writers and bloggers come together to celebrate the old Anglophile tradition of swapping spooky tales of just 100 words.
Finding the Christmas tree in the cluttered attic was hard enough but made all the more difficult when the light bulb went out.  Relying on the moonlight from the dormer window, I made my way to where I imagined the tree to be.  A sudden cold draught in the semi-darkness caused the hairs on the back of my neck to stand on end.  My fears increased when something flew close to my face.  Rooted to the spot, my eyes became accustomed to the gloom and, with great relief, I saw the bird which had flown in through a broken pane.

9 comments:

  1. Gotta say that I didn't see that ending coming! Thanks so much for sharing, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. It's not easy telling a rounded story in 100 words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sneaky bird! LOL Thank you for sharing this story, and congratulations on hitting the 100 word goal :)

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...