Sunday 11 November 2012

Nippy November

 Canal Gardens, Roundhay Park

It is becoming increasingly tempting to stay at home and cosy up.  However the downside is that I am more aware of what needs doing in the house.  I am already missing the garden and the coast.

Falling Leaves

Kept warm by raking the leaves up, both in my garden and at the gardening club. Don’t you find it easier doing someone else’s garden or even cleaning someone else’s home?  I think it’s because you don’t get distracted.

Local Radio

I went along to a meeting where they were planning and producing a programme for next week with the theme Fire.  I have presented pieces on this media from my writing group;  listen to it on your PC at http://www.elfm.co.uk  

Healthy Writers Group

I think vigorous gardening will count, as will a brisk walk and a session of Pilates.  I am trying to develop a more regular regime.

 
 
Writing

I’ve had a travel article published about my picnic in a cemetery



I’m in a rut with my WIP as I started in the 3rd person, then changed to 1st person and I’m wondering whether I can mix and match.  Comments appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. I was just in a discussion about POV with another group and mixing 1st and 3rd. The consensus there seemed to be if you're clear with chapter divisions and not asking the reader to do much head-hopping within the same chapter. It could make for an intriguing read. The book "A Visit From The Goon Squad" was critically acclaimed and used every POV possible including 2nd. Interesting. Congrats on your recently published work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of the idea of 1st and 3rd person in the same book-- I think it would jar me out of the story every time it switched. But if you can find a way to pull it off and make it smooth, give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in denial at the moment, but I will have to get back to it soon and make a decision!

      Delete
  3. It was a glorious autumn day today here in London. The low red sun, like light through a stained glass window. Autumn really is my favourite season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the publications! I never thought 1st and 3rd person could coexist, but then I started reading China Mieville's work, and holy cow, it's awesome. Rules exist to be broken, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...AND way to go on meeting and beating your November W1S1 goals!

      Delete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...