Monday 7 March 2011

A bunch of firsts

It is the 1st March today.  It was also the first time this year I hung the washing to dry outside (called for a shehechiyanu), first time I saw a bee and first time for a bunch of daffodils to cheer up the house.

Lovely, still, sunny day and, as I had an appointment cancelled, spent a productive half day in the garden.  an ex-colleague stopped for a chat as he saw me in the front garden while driving up the street and we caught up with some news.

Invigilated for some GCSE science modules then walked round the lake at Roundhay Park.

Exciting news!  Attended a training course to become a Britain in Bloom judge.  I felt a bit of a lay person sitting between a radio presenter of a gardening programme and a head of a parks department but my skills in assessing held me in good stead.  An interesting session and a dream come true!



Ronnie has done a sterling job on the pine trees in the garden resulting in multi-trips to the tip.  Some tippers brought just one item whereas others seemed to be gutting their entire house.  The garden now has more light and more space to plant up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...