Saturday 11 April 2020

Six on Saturday



So the lockdown and the good weather continues.  Luckily I have plenty to go at in the garden.

My six this week are:
Brightly coloured Polyanthus
Astilbe.  Healthy enough foliage but didn’t manage one plume last year.  Any suggestions?


While tidying and weeding I unearthed (literally) these three:
Ophiopogon (black grass) and silver Aretmesia which is easy to take cuttings from
Heuchera, maybe Lime Marmalade
Miniature tulips


The Propagator generously hosts Six on Saturday.  Click on the link to his blog to see what he and his followers are growing and doing in their gardens this week.  Perhaps you feel you could add your own six too.

Stay well everyone.




6 comments:

  1. I don't know a lot about Astilbe, but wondering if it maybe needs some feedling? Your grass and Artemisia look good together, and the little tulips are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Astilbe probably does need a good feed.

      Delete
  2. The astilbes need a little shade, and lots of water...it looks healthy now, so I think with a little watering, you will have some blooms later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll take your advice and keep the Astilbe well watered. There's been no rain for ages - not that I'm complaining.

      Delete
  3. I hope you solve your astilbe problem, as they're well worth it. Once they get going, they take care of themselves, too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advice received on the Astilbe is feed and water, so I hope to report improvement later in the year.

    ReplyDelete

Easter break

It wasn’t to be. To get away from the crowds on Easter Sunday, we embarked on the Hutton circular walk which I found on the Facebook page S...