Saturday 5 October 2019

The Holocaust Exhibition and Learning Centre

Although I have heard much about the Holocaust and have listened to the stories of survivors of the camps and those who came on the Kindertransport, I found this permanent exhibition in Huddersfield particularly moving.  I think the reason for this is that the exhibition contains personal objects and family photographs donated by the survivors.  It is very hard to comprehend that just a few years after the photos were taken of these children on swings, having picnics with their families or with their school classes, their lives would be changed forever.

My Auntie's story is here




and on my blog here:
https://thirdageblogger.blogspot.com/2013/10/goodbye-to-very-special-lady.html


The story of other members of my family who were rounded up and murdered was featured in a recent BBC documentary.

Thank God for UK who took my family in.

Unfortunately atrocities and genocide is still taking place in many places in the world.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking about all these terrible things and how, as a species, we seem not to have learned from the past, makes one despair.

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...