Tuesday, 25 October 2016

Autumn at Temple Newsam

Although the nights are drawing in earlier and we know Winter is on its way, I do love the Autumn displays of colour.
A visit to Temple Newsam showed that the grounds still have plenty of interest.

In the walled garden:






 The trees are showing off their colours before they shut down for the Winter season:

Well worth a visit ...... and all for free!
 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Especially the last picture, and the one with the wall covered in... what is it, wild vine?
    I should check how far Temple Newsam is from Ripon; maybe I can visit next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures, Linda. Autumn has lots to offer if we enjoy it as a fresh new season, rather than thinking of it as a darker, colder version of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do have a fantastic display of Michaelmas daisies - asters - don't they?

    ReplyDelete

East Coast UK road trip, Autumn 2026

The weather stayed warm and dry for our few days away although we could see the leaves on the trees beginning to change to their Autumn colo...