Saturday 12 July 2014

The Versatile Blogger Award



Thanks to Teresa Ashby at A Likely Story http://teresaashby.blogspot.co.uk/  for nominating me for this award.
So, here are seven snippets of information about me.
I collect bottles, mostly old but I have included some contemporary ones.  They are not easy to keep dust-free.

I do like to be beside the seaside and spend a lot of time there in the Summer at our holiday home.  We love to invite friends and family.  It’s a great place to chill.

My writing started when I retired at 60.  I have had quite a few short stories published and read out on local radio.  I even managed to present at a local literary festival.  In addition to this blog, I keep two other blogs for groups to which I belong: rainbow allotment and Paxton friday forum

Spiders in the house petrify me.  I don’t care how big they are outside the house, but once they cross the threshold I can’t take it.  I know it’s irrational, but there it is.  I couldn’t even manage a photo!
I love being in the company of my grandchildren; some who live near and others who live far.   Thank goodness for Skype. 
I help to produce a monthly programme for a local radio station.  It’s good fun and I am now brave enough to present live. 
Gardening is another passion.  I’m not the perfect lawn and manicured beds type.  I am learning about growing vegetables on an allotment for adults with disabilities where I volunteer, I am a judge for Yorkshire in Bloom and attend a gardening club and an enthusiastic visitor of other people's gardens.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for those interesting snippets about yourself! A few years ago, I received the "Versatile Blogger" award, too, and had fun in coming up with my own snippets and passing the award on to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You've turned your retirement into an active and productive time. I wonder if you volunteer at the wonderful gardens at Bishopsthrp which I dropped into a couple of days ago . So impressive. I happened by it just after it shut for the afternoon and there were still people clearing up. They let us look around and how healthy the plants were - if I lived in the area I'd certainly buy my garden plants there.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds! I just came over to nominate you!

    Gardening and loking to be by the sea are things we have in common ... but I think you already knew that.

    ReplyDelete

Prisons and prisoners

  Fortunately I’ve never been in prison and furthermore hope I never will. However, I have recently seen and read about this topic and it h...